Monday, May 19, 2008

We are weak but He is strong

(Previously on Xanga Tuesday, February 28, 2006)

This weekend has been a real whirlwind. We had a youth worker retreat and it was awesome. We stayed in a really cool cabin in Gatlinburg and hung out and had fun. We also had some great discussion time too. But I was wiped out on Monday. I slept in and was a zombie at work the next day and went home early so I could just crash. Today I feel a ton better.

Last Wednesday was awesome. It was one of those weeks that I felt exhausted and just wanted to get into the old fetal position and sleep. So I figured it would be a great time to give a talk where God would show up and I couldn't take any of the credit. And man, He showed up. We had 13 students accept Christ that night. The thing I was most excited about was that the talk wasn't some emotionally manipulative time where we talked about kids dying in a bus crash or something like that. It was just a "this is what it means to be a Christian, this is how you do it, any takers?" I'm really proud and excited about those of you who came forward. I hope you've already begun to dig into your Bibles and learn a bit about your new found faith. This Sunday night I'll be preaching in the pm service. So please be praying for me and show up to support. Oh, also I'm getting to baptize Jacob Cavendar. Sweet. Hey, all you other folks need to come forward and join the church so I can dunk you! Peace out and lots of love. My kiddos just ran into my office so all hope of getting anything else done today just flew out the window.