Monday, May 19, 2008

Cracking the whip on student pages tied to our blog ring

Anyways, I finally at least got my desk cleared off with all the pressing stuff so I thought I'd treat myself to a bit of blogging. Just a note on your blog site folks... If you're on our blogring ~SPUR~ FBCVR youth (no longer active) please keep your site clean. In the music you have on there, to the pictures, to your language. I have a friend who was a youth pastor here in Georgia who just got fired from his church because someone's site was inappropriate and connected to his youth group's blog ring. I have a request, either be mindful of what you put on your site and have it Christ centered, or take yourself off our ring. And as a Christian brother, let me ask you, if you're going to have half naked women on your site or the f-bomb or other inappropriate stuff on there, do us all a favor and take any reference to God, Christ, or church off of your site. It's confusing and sends mixed messages to those who aren't Christians. I know that this seems pretty hard core of me. But it's said in love. Be honest on your site, share your feelings, your frustrations, your struggles, your joys and sorrows, but be aware of the overall message that you're sending out to others. This is not your private journal, anyone can check it out and it is a witness and testimony to your life. I love you guys. You can make a huge difference to those in your sphere of influence.